Ginataang Mais is a Filipino dessert and snack made from whole kernel corn and coconut milk.
- 1 cup Sweet corn kernels
- 3/4 cup Malagkit rice
- 5 cup Coconut milk, diluted
- 3/4 cup Granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp Fine salt
- 1 cup Coconut milk, thick
- Combine diluted coconut milk with malagkit rice in a pot. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly to prevent rice from sticking. Continue cooking until rice is almost done.
- Add in the corn kernels, sugar, and salt. Continue cooking, stirring occasionally until rice and corn are cooked.
- Add thick coconut milk, or top each serving with a helping of coconut milk.
From Kusina ni Manang