Lugaw is traditionally thought of as food for the sick. But it is actually a dish that can be enjoyed as breakfast, as snack or even as a main dish especially when enriched with chicken, boiled tripe, green onions, fried garlic and even egg.
- 1 cup of rice
- 3 cups of tap water
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium sized yellow onion
- 1 small ginger cut into strips
- 3 stalks of green onion
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt and ground pepper
- fish/soy sauce
- lemon juice
- In a medium-sized sauce pan or pot, saute garlic, ginger and yellow onion in vegetable oil over medium heat. Add salt and ground pepper to taste.
- Add 1 cup of rice and stir for 10 mins. Add 3 cups of water to the mix and let boil for 15 minutes until rice is cooked.
- Add green onion into the lugaw.
- Serve immediately and add a few drops of fish/soy sauce and lemon juice.