Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Turon or deep-fried banana rolls is a typical Filipino meryenda and dessert. This can usually be seen on the streets being peddled along with banana-que. In Makati, several jolly jeeps (stalls along the road; formerly jeepneys that serve lunch) sell Turon along with other meryenda during the afternoon.
Turon is so affordable and also easy-to-prepare and this delicious and healthy dessert is an all time Filipino favorite.
- 6 pcs Cavendish banana (saba), cut in half (lenghtwise)
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 12 pcs spring roll wrapper
- 2 cups cooking oil
- Roll the banana on the brown sugar plate and ensure that the banana is coated with enough sugar
- Place the banana with sugar coating in the spring roll wrapper
- Fold and lock the spring roll wrapper, use water to seal the edge
- In a pan, heat the oil and put-in some brown sugar.Wait until the brown sugar floats
- Put-in the wrapped banana and fry until the wrapper turns golden brown and the extra sugar sticks on wrapper
- Serve hot during dessert or meryenda. Share and Enjoy!